August 29, 2011

Bigger Classroom

Exciting news. I've been holding it because it has been a work in progress and I wanted to let things settle a bit. A few weeks ago Tamara decided to knock a wall down. Okay, the conversation went like this...

Me: Hi Tam how was your week?

Tam: Oh hey Suk, I've decided to knock a wall down and expand the classroom.

Me: Oh?

Tam: It's coming down next Tuesday.



Wha what? She amazes me with all her energy. Seriously woman, how do you do it? So after being at the new store for two years we kind of outgrew the classroom. If you have ever taken a class here you know how tight it can get. We crafters don't travel light and we all want to bring our favorite things to make art. So a wall was removed. The classroom is now much bigger, we have gained some storage and we will also have a tool corner. The corner is still coming together. the pictures below will give you a n idea of what we are up to.





The wall was about where the flags are hanging.


Sewing Corner

We are going to have a sewing machine up and ready for sewing emergencies. Thanks BJ for the cool find. BJ is a friend of the store and the finder of odd and cool things. She brought in tie cool machine and table.





This wall of fabric sings to me. That is perfection. If you don't know me... I am rather obsessed with things being in order. My obsession with order kinda doesn't fly at Zinnia. I manage; it's difficult but I do what I can. Ha ha. I do have an obsession but I appreciate my time away from order at Zinnia. Tamara knows what I mean and guess that really is what matters.

ANYWAY...





This is what the classroom work space now looks like and I hope

you stop by and check it out; better yet, take a class.

Until next time, Live in Color!









2 comments:

  1. Renee ReddingAugust 30, 2011

    I just took a class there on Saturday 8/27 and I was thinking what a great class room it's so big. It was my first class at Zinnia and I had so much fun. I will be back.

    Thanks,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Are you planning any classes with fabric?

    ReplyDelete