August 30, 2011

PINTEREST

I found my new favorite thing. A few weeks ago a friend of the store told Tam and I about Pinterest. It was a little confusing but we were intrigued. So here's the scoop. Pinterest is a website that has tons and tons and tons of images. Images of all kinds of things. The idea is that it's a like public pinboard. You go through it and pick things you like. You categorize them by naming your 'boards', as in pinboards . For example I have 7 boards; Inspirations, Words, Things That Hang, Think Green, Favorite Places and Spaces, Lovable Beings and My Style. So as I go through the images I repin the image onto my board as I feel best describes it. I saved images in Inspiration that I think will inspire me as I create my own art. Think Green has images of recycled things and so on and so on. You can have as many pinboards as you want.



To start you have to go to www.pinterest.com and ask to be invited. All you do is type your email address. In a matter of seconds they respond letting you know that they will let you know when you have been invited. that only takes a day or two. Once you are on you start pinning.



This sight has been awesome to have a quick reference to share a thought, craft or idea with a friend. Try it. You can follow me ( check out my boards and what I pin) and I can follow you.



Let me know what you think.

1 comment: