October 06, 2008

What a wonderful weekend with
Keith Lo Bue!

Keith's classes were absolutely amazing! Each class was full of new ideas and techniques. Paul and I took the "Tools of the Trade" class on Friday... and for those of you who are always using your dremel tool to make holes in wood and plastic.... did you know your dremel is not a drill!!! who knew? And grinding through glass is so much easier than I ever thought it would be... wow, it was such a excellent class.

The most full class was Saturdays, "Toner Etching".... lets just say this, Paul told me (he and Joe took the class) he kept looking at the pieces he made and says to himsel
f "wow, I made that" .... I must say what a awesome process etching is.

Sunday's class "Paper over It" was the first time Keith had ever taught this class. It was unusual types of transfer techniques then taken to the next level
and different ways of using resin with some special tricks-of-the-trade.

This is Joe's piece from the "Paper Over It" class.

Keith is full of extraordinary information that he has learned
from real, as he calls it, "caveman" experience. I appreciated that the instruction and the volume of information that is given to you is in layman's term, sometimes giving you the Aaaa Haaa moment - like "wow, that is so so Gosh Darn COOL!"

So, for those of you who ever get a chance to take a class with Keith Lo Bue..... don't miss it. Not only is he a amazing teacher he is charming and funny too.

2 comments:

  1. That was so much fun, Tamara! Thanks for the photos.

    I hope Joe is feeling much better.

    Thanks for a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sorry I didn't get to be there. It sounds wonderful, but then I always hear that after a Keith class. Lucky, all of you!

    ReplyDelete