October 28, 2008

My collection



This is my collection, though odd it brings me fond memories. I like collecting things that other people usually don't collect and these odd little guys always make me smile when I see their funny faces.

Samuel Johnson said,
"The pride or the pleasure of making collections, if it be restrained by prudence or morality, produces a pleasing remission after more laborious studies; furnishes an amusement not wholly unprofitable for that part of life, the greater part of many lives, which would otherwise be lost in idleness or vice; it produces an useful traffick between the industry of indigence and the curiosity of wealth; it brings many things to notice that would be neglected; and, by fixing the thoughts upon intellectual pleasures, resists the natural encroachments of sensuality, and maintains the mind in her lawful superiority."

3 comments: