April 28, 2009

Have I mentioned that I have an ancient computer? Well, if you've been in the of the store lately and hung out with us for over a minute, I've probably mentioned it. I ask everyone what kind of computer they have and if they like it. There are so many choices and I am having a heck of time finding the right one for me. ANYWAYYYY, the reason I am telling this is because I was dying to blog about the class we had at the store this past Saturday and I wasn't able to get my pictures from my camera. So this post is a bit delayed.
On Saturday we had a new teacher at Zinnia that Tamara met her at CHA. Lisa Guerin, Somerset Studio Director's Circle Artist drove from Capistrano to teach 'Gypsy Junk Jewelry a unique style of jewelry design using art stamps, shrink film and lots of bits of junk (We call the bits of junk Doo-Dads). The drive from Capsitrano is quite long but Lisa said that the drive didn't bother her because as she explained, she is a graduate of the Andriette school of driving. I'm a geek, I think that means that she drives really fast. So anyway, Lisa comes walking in with a happy smile and a great energy. She had called a couple times because she had gotten a little lost then with the street fair that was going on the parking situation was ridiculous. Nonetheless she walked-in happy and ready to teach. She had on a cool pair of overalls and a very interesting pair of boots. I noticed the cuff on the overalls had a butterfly which made them super.
Lisa started by handing out kits that from where I was standing looked like they had some cool tools and supplies for the class. This was a fun class with tons of information and helpful tips. While the students concentrated I snapped a picture here and there. Lisa wandered away from time to time to treasure hunt for "the things she didn't know she needed" through out the store. Every time she came over and chatted with us and let us know how excited she was by all that was to see at the store. When she walked away Tam and I looked at each other and agreed, "She's super cool" Lisa has a quirky way about sharing her experiences. She shared about her personal life and the joy of having a 14 year old son. I hope that Lisa makes the drive back to the store soon so we can continue to get to know her and the wonderful things she can teach us. She was earthy, positive and ALIVE. I really can appreciate someone with her energy.

So Lisa, please come back soon.
Store artist Kari Atol was there.

John was one of the students these are his treasures, cool ha?

Live in color!
Suki

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kindest & sweetest words!! I am happy with thoughts of returning to ZiNniA!!
    Cheers,
    Lisa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete