March 14, 2010

Oy the time change. I don't mind it because I always feel tired on my lazy Sundays, I'm just tired earlier and with the sun out. I'll be over it by the end of the week.

I went to Target today to check out the "Liberty of London" that Tamara was talking about in the previous post. Most of it didn't really appeal to me however there are a few summer blouses with cool prints that I might come back for later. When I went to check-out I ended up behind a woman who had a cart full of stuff. It was ALL Liberty of London stuff. She must be a fan or opening her own store. Dresses, shirts, coats, totes, baskets and mugs; five freaking hundred dollars worth. I wanted to ask her if she was a fan but she didn't speak English. I checked out every piece as it went by and checked the price. Humm, $24 for a shirt, I can do that. $4 for a mug? Not my cup of tea (snort ha ha).

Have you stopped by the store lately? We have been adding artwork to the "Gallery" space. We have concentrated all ART in that space. Artwork from local artists has been featured for a few years like; Paul Murray, Joe Carrion, Tyn Atol, Tamara and myself, We also have art work from Shari Enge, Kari Atol & Angela Cartwright. If you haven't already , stop by and take a peek.


This a picture of some of Angela's work. Her work is so beautiful
and she is a delightful person, it's nice to have her work at the store.





I sure hope this lovely weather is here for a few days. Although it could be warmer. Come on summer... I am already making my plans for my Sundays at the beach working on tanning. Yes, I know the sun is baaaad. I'll wear my SPF 1000 and a giant hat. I am mostly interested in tanning my limbs. That sounds weird but it's true. Beside let's hear it for Vitamin D and all its benefits. Yeah.

Upcoming Classes:
Go to our website: www.zinnia.biz and click on the Calendar link. Updated information about classes and events is available. The calendar is printable. A printed copy is available at the store.

The March 19th:
Learn to Decoupage class with Paul (http://www.paulmurray.typepad.com/) is FULL but don't fret he added another class on Sunday, April 4th 11am to 2pm, $40. Paul has a way of teaching; you'll laugh, you'll learn and you'll have fun. He says things that I could never get away with. Sample available at the store.

Sunday March 20th:
Spirit Journal with Kelly Kilmer - 11am to 3pm, $70. For details about the class and supplies needed if any please visit Kelly's workshop blog at: kellykilmerworkshops.blogspot.com A sample of the journal is available at the store.

Saturday, March 27th:
Mini Tin Assemblage with Joe Carrion - 11am to 2pm, $55. A sample of this project is available at the store.

Saturday, April 3rd:
Everything You Want To Know about Pens with Kelly Kilmer -11am to 3pm, $70.
Are you a closet member of PAA (you know, pen addicts anonymous)? Do you hoard pens? Do you want to learn different things that you can do with your pens? YES, we will learn everything about pens (and more). YES, you will explore and play with different writing styles and techniques on your newly created pages. YES, you will walk out with a pile of completed pages and tons of ideas. YES, you will be inspired. YES, you WILL have fun!

Visit Kelly's blog for details and pictures related to this and all her workshops. kellykilmerworkshops.blogspot.com

Okay my friends have a nice week. Check back later this week for information about our Call to Artists and Michael DeMeng's classes coming up in April.

Suki

1 comment:

  1. Your blog ..... it's amazing and soooo inspiring. Nice to find you!

    A small footprint from Agneta & Sweden

    Ps. I have an ongoing jewelry contest on my blog. Welcome! Ds

    ReplyDelete