March 31, 2010

Pen class with Kelly this Saturday 11 to 3 pm

Saturday, April 3rd Zinnia So Pasadena

For those of you whom have asked about it here's some things that we do in the class-

1. We explore a plethora of pens. The class comes with a huge 18 page handout that has detailed information on a variety of my favorite pens, important info on the pens and what they do. You also get to play with the pens hands on.

2. Collage prompts! Yes, we do some collage techniques (remember, my classes are never just "one" thing. I like to pack them with info) and I then give you journal prompts for those pages.

3. Journal Prompts! Bring your journal to class (or use the paper that I provide) and we will explore the pens ON the pages in a variety of ways.

4. Writing! Yes, I will demonstrate and let you experiment with some of my favorite ways to add text to the page. No, it is NOT a calligraphy class (those of you who know me know that I lack the discipline and desire to be a calligrapher), think of it as more like urban handwriting.

5. Did I mention a wee bit of painting and layering? Using paint, paper and pens? Yup, that's included too.

6. Fun? Did I tell you it's FUN? Trust me, it is.

I pack a lot into the class and I keep you busy. I also bring a ton of pens (I don't ever travel light). If you have questions, you can email me. To sign up, please contact the store asap as space is limited.


Optional-You can bring your journal to class to work in, or the teacher will be supplying paper for you to work on.

Supply list: Scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper, roll of paper towels, permanent black inkpad, container to hold water, 3 1" brushes to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes)

No comments:

Post a Comment