July 15, 2011

a litlle Friday inspiration....Vivian Maier


My brother is a big photographer. I realized once while going through family pics that he has been taking the majority of the pictures since the age of 10. He was good at age 10 - annoying.
Anyway, he sent me this link a little while back, and I found it absolutely AMAZING. Vivian Maier, a nanny, a hobbyist photographer who's work has recently been discovered and who is being touted as one of the most important street photographers in the 2oth century.
Take a few minutes and check it out- it is a great story.
http://www.wimp.com/photographernanny/

http://vivianmaier.blogspot.com/




She did loads of self portraits- these are just 2. Now get inspired, get your camera, get out and start seeing!

2 comments:

  1. love it. so inspired. great story and chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING....she's like the Emily Dickenson of photography. Her greatness was only realized after her death. So that part makes me sad: yet her legacy is that without any sense of it, she has permanently left an impression on the world. Profound.
    This is one of the best posts I've ever enjoyed. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete