September 28, 2009

Classroom Update

The classroom is aaaallllmooosssttt done. Tamara has been working like a crazy woman to get the classroom done so we can resume our classes. It's been a while since our last class and I think we are all in withdraw.
Here are few pictures of the classroom progress.



This is a view as you enter the classroom area. Check out the flooring... look familiar? It's our old countertop. Recycle-Reuse!
Just in case you haven't stopped by we also installed a similar floor behind the counter and as you approach the gallery and the classroom. We used scrap wood we had at old Zinnia. Paint, stencil, tissue paper and fun makes it a pretty cool floor. I thought I had a few pictures handy but I couldn't find any.

Tamara has also been working on the class schedule for some time and as you know she doesn't have anything else going on... yeah right. So far we have 3 classes scheduled for October; Triptich Book with Kelly Kilmer on the Saturday the10th, Book in a Box with Linda (new teacher) on Sunday the 11th and Animal Spirits (new class) with Gina Armfield on Sunday the 18th. For details go to our website and click on the 'class calendar' tab.
Aside from the classes we have out Grand Re-Opening this Saturday October 3rd, 5pm to 10pm and the 350 Project on the 24th. Oh by-the-way, we will be closing at 3pm on Saturday so Tam and I can go home, feed the pets, freshen up and get pretty. We will return at 5pm, Joey will be there too.
Okay, enough for now. I hope you have a delightful week and hope you can make it in soon.
Suki

5 comments:

  1. Very very cool, your the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who? Can you be specific? If you are talking to me then.... Thanks Lady you are pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy moly, suki...the classroom looks fantastic! just seeing all those organized shelves rocks my world.

    it's obvious you've all put your hearts and buckets of sweat into transforming the space. hearty pats on the back to everyone.

    bringing my panels in today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reality is I have never set foot in California and probably wont anytime soon since Life is always getting in the way of dreams...with that said I darn near choked when I clicked over from the 7 Gypsies blog...OMG your store is where I would want my birthday party to be if grown ups still had them!
    Tracy from Washington

    ReplyDelete