December 14, 2009

Last night I was so tired but dragged myself to Trader Joe's, I had no choice. I seem to always put off my trip to Trader Joe's as long as I can because of their parking. Seriously... do they purposely look for property that is sure to be a parking nightmare? Have you seen a TJ's with adequate parking? But I digress. Back to my T'J's story. I go about my shopping minding my own business when an employee approaches me and offers assistance in my search for yummy foods. I say, "no thanks", and go about my shopping. I go home and watch t.v., craft, wrap Christmas presents and call it a night.

Hours later I am getting ready for sleep. I was half asleep when out of no where I realized that the employee at TJ's was dressed up like a giant gingerbread man. My mind starts racing and I come to terms with the fact that a man dressed like a gingerbread man walks up to me and I think nothing of it, no pausing or questioning. I burst into laughter and scare the ba-gee-baas out of my cats, Louie and Miko. Wow, I guess that's the reality of living on La La-land, Los Angeles.

4 comments:

  1. I live within 10 miles of 3 trader joe's and I do know of one where the parking isn't that bad. They are in an old grocery store that was built pre-strip mall. The big thing is if you leave your car there and get a parking ticket it is $50. The other 2 TJ's are nightmares just like yours.

    Can't help you with the gingerbread man thing. I probably have been so distracted by the comings and goings of business and life that it has happened and I just don't remember it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suki, I also put off going to TJs for as long as I can for the same exact reason.

    Man, you must have been wiped not to have even seen the Gingerbread costume either that or you've been in L.A. too long. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hysterical about the gingerbread man! I can just see you starting up at home, going...wait a minute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The secret about Trader Joes is not to park in the lot. There's plenty of street parking on Mission (and usually a bunch straight across the street). Just east of Halvorson's, there's a parking lot for a business that's always empty. It makes the trip so much more enjoyable.

    What I never understand is why the lot is always a crazed disaster, but there never seem to be as many people inside as there should be. One of the great mysteries of the universe.

    ReplyDelete