June 28, 2009

Sock Freaky Friends

Have you been to Target lately? Maybe you have noticed the bins at the entrance of the stores full of odd ball strange things you didn't know you needed. Stuff like miniature potted plants, knee protector pad for gardening and mixed with the mess are random socks. Sometimes the sock are themed by the time of the year. In March I bought socks with pots of gold and at Easter I found socks with bunnies. Aside from the cool designs the socks are ONLY a $1. Well, this has become an obsession for me.
At first I was inspired while Joey taught a sock creature class. I went a little coo-coo for Valentine's Day and made my 1st creatures. Later the book, Stary Sock Sewing-Making One of-a-Kind Creatures from Socks, Daniel was a great inspiration. It has great ideas and tips for making your own sock creature. The book is sold at Zinnia.
Here are my new friends. I will have them at the store ready to go home with a Friend.



2 comments:

  1. too cute.... can we eat them? they look sweet enough to eat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure you eat'm, you'll need lots of water.

    ReplyDelete