February 15, 2010

Encaustic class!

Sunday.... 11-2:30pm .... be there!!! Have you wondered about working with wax. Have you wondered why yours comes out cloudy and sticky?? Well, come learn about working with a very ancient technique, and see how it is still beautiful and exciting in our modern world. All materials are provided, encaustic medium, wood panels, paper, images, and we will do image transfers, and final embellishing of pieces. Students will have time to create several panels during class , and we will discuss what tools are necessary to continue this process at home later. Personally I hate to take a class, and then not have the knowledge as to how to continue, so when I hold a class I think it is important to be a product and process event. I want you to leave with a finished piece, but I want you to understand the process so you can continue if you choose. This is also one of those classes that can appeal to those who believe they are not creative. Know what- I can't really draw. So what- I still have lots to say in my art! Leave your self doubt at the door, allow yourself to have some fun, and definately wear your play clothes!

Please contact the store for sign ups... Zinnia 626 441-2181.


Magic rabbit

Abc's of being a bird



1 comment: