February 08, 2010

This Friday is my first teaching day for 2010. It was great taking a break, but I am thinking that next year I am not going to.. it is just so strange to be away from it for a month! I am really excited to get back into Zinnia's new classroom space and play. So the class?? A different version of the mini quilt that I have made in the past. I have always framed my mini quilts, I like that look a lot, but this time I wanted to work with more 3D elements, and more texture, so the finished piece will remain unframed but still hang- able. The theme is Valentine's Day, but I wouldn't hold anyone to that. The first sample I made with Valentine's Day in mind didn't end up that way at all, and I really love it! Mini quilt sample

I used vintage linens, and lace old buttons, rub on's and a tin reindeer! This one isn't finished yet...

The Class sample piece...

Valentines day sample
Layered fabrics, vintage lace, vintage buttons, paper, vintage wallpaper, resin paper and a bit of hand stitching!!

So here is the thing about my mini quilt classes, you don't have to be able to sew to make one. I'm sneaky like that. You could do one and not even sew one stitch, or you could sew the whole thing.

Anyway, I think this is going to be fun, I am sorting through my stash of fabrics and lace, and old papers etc. to bring lots of fun things to class. I will bring all the supplies, but if you happen to have a special image, or fabric or button by all means bring it along!


P.S. o.k. so I have been getting some feedback that some want to take this class but the day just isn't working out for you... if you leave a comment letting me know ... I will but it on the schedule again for another day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment