April 06, 2010

When I got to the store on Friday I was informed by Tamara that the credit card machine was not working and getting a replacement wasn't going to happen before the weekend. If I have to say so myself I am kind of a hands-on kind of girl. The last time the stupid machine acted up we tried everything ten times and nothing worked. Then we decided to unplug and plug the machine and see what happen... and wahla it worked. So this time I asked Tamara the usual questions and of course had she unplugged it. I WAS not going to be able to hand write all the transactions for the weekend. So I decided to take the thing apart and see if there was something I could fiddle with. I unscrewed the back cover and I guess the fresh air on the normally covered wiring did the trick because... walah it worked. 20 minutes and it was working. I had to share this because I was feeling pretty proud of my Macgyver skills.

This weekend Zinnia hosted Julie Molina and Tally Oliveau the authored the book, Mixed Media Dollhouses. To our delight they brought some of the houses that are featured in their book and if you've seen the the book the real artwork up close like that is spectacular. I honestly couldn't decide which was my favorite. I was also able to get both authors to autograph my copy of the book.

These are a few pictures from the event.







1 comment:

  1. it was a great time by all - and we sold every last book - but we have more on order for those who are still wanting copies.
    Michael deMenge book signing is coming up next week - Dusty Diablos I am sure it will be just as much fun.

    ReplyDelete