February 19, 2012

Time where are you going?

It doesn't help that there will only be 29 days in the month when time seems to move faster every day. I am so excited to have Monday off. Happy Presidents Day!! I feel like I am constantly going. I make lists in my head of things I am going to do as soon as I can. Although I am fairly organized and manage my time well; with only one day off a week I am pretty stingy with my time on Sundays. I was planning to go to the Long Beach Flea Market, rain or shine. Unfortunately my flea market buddy Sam couldn't make it. I had planned on fixing up my porch. I wanted to find a rusty thing or two to decorate the porch and buy some plants to just make it a happy entry if even just for me. When the flea market fell through I thought I'd get to a farmer's market to buy some plants but alas I didn't do that either. I spent most the day creating more art. I have been on a kick since October and it's been non-stop. The Petit Valentin last week wiped me out; in a good way. My stuff sold and was a happy camper. I worked on a few pieces of my nail art in the morning, in the afternoon I sat down and caught up with American Idol, yeah for DVR. While watching a few hours of that I made some sock kittens.
Tomorrow I will probably stay home and create more art. I usually work on a few pieces at one time while one thing is drying I move on to something else.
Thanks again for the great turn out to all the artists that participated in the Petit Valentin. I want to give a big shout-out to an artist I got a chance to meet on Saturday. Esther Orloff, she submitted six pieces for the show and a few sold almost right away. She was super cool. Check out her blog where she posted about the art show and her excitement about the experience and pictures of her work. Esther, it was nice meeting you and hope to see more of your art soon. Keep us posted so we can help spread the word. Esther's contact info: www.emakesart.blogspot.com

Okay friends, until next time, live in COLOR!

Suki

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! What a sweetheart you are! It was really nice to meet you too Suki! I had a blast at the opening. Zinnia is such an inspiring place, so I also hope you will be seeing more of me and my art :-)

    xoEsther Orloff

    And yes, where the heck is time going?! How is it now the end of FEB?!! Eek!

    ReplyDelete