January 25, 2010

First class of 2010 in the new classroom this weekend...

Kelly is so good... she beat me to the punch. I was going to write about her upcoming class at Zinnia but she already did in the previous post with pictures and lots of details about her "Bloom" Book... make sure you scroll down and read about the class, it's a gorgeous book. Now all I can do is say how excited we are about the re-start of our classes after the holiday break. Kelly will teach the first class of 2010 but to add to our excitement is the fact that she will be teaching it in our new store in the new classroom. We really hope that you find the new space comfortable and that being away from the goings on of the store is relaxing and easier to open up your imagination. I guess I speak from experience. I am guilty of having difficulty being creative when there is a lot going on around me. I use to get so distracted at the old Zinnia that I often got stuck.

We all have our own quirks to unleash our creative spirit. I live with my two beloved cats and I guess I have become accustomed to creating and crafting alone, well not alone the cats are always present. Don't get me wrong; my creative spirit likes loud music and multi- tasking. When I am home working my magic with clay, paint, paper and more I am often doing several things at once; anything from laundry to cooking. It helps that I don't have kids and sometimes I wonder how I would ever find time if I did. I love kids, they just require so much attention and entertaining. A big high-five to Zinnia friends that are also parents, my hats off to you. Before you say anything, I love kids and have worked with them for the past 15 years or so. My favorite are 3rd graders, they are hilarious. I just don’t have any of my own.

Okay back to the original thought. Yeah new class schedule starts this weekend. Tamara has spent many hours trying to tweak the calendar on the website to open up easily, work for everyone and look pretty. Some of the troubleshooting she has been trying to address is that her MAC won't talk to PC's. Please take a look at the calendar and check out the upcoming classes. If you are unable to open it or you are unable to read the information about the class please call the store for details. You can also send me your questions or comments here by clicking the comment link at the bottom of the post, or my email: sukimoonpie@gmail.com. I know that Tamara's goal is to have the calendar up and working but it is still a work in process. We appreciate your patience as the quirks get worked out.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to teach in the new classroom. I was scoping it out the other day and it is sooooooooo inspiring!

    ReplyDelete