May 08, 2010

The Kitchen Show

Last weekend we opened The Kitchen Show in the Zinnia Gallery. The artwork was inspired by the 'kitchen', whatever that meant. To be honest I struggled with this one; I cook, I eat and I have a kitchen but I was stumped. Below are few pictures from the show; Tamara will post more on the Zinnia website.

Tamara made a beautiful chandelier to help inspire us.



Pretty cool, huh? I think my favorite thing is the cake pan in
the center of the chandelier.




This is what I finally came up with... it is embossed copper on wood.




Tamara and I made the cupcake pin cushions from wool sweater scraps.
They are displayed on a whimsical tiered party tray that Paul made by
attaching assorted plates, cups and saucers with glue. I inspired and
made one for my Mom for Mother's Day.



This is the window display. Do you see our precious store kitty Ally?



Please check the website later this week for additional pictures.

If you have been to the store you know the first thing you see is the Doo Dad bar which has a gigantic bowl filled with assorted beads and baubles that can be purchased by the scoop. What you don't expect is to see a cat in the bowl. She is hilarious.


1 comment:

  1. Love your store. Love your blog. Love your cat in a bowl.

    Just did a quick post about you here: www.thecraftcaravan.blogspot.com
    (for the poor, sad uninitiated.)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete