April 09, 2012

Hello Friends,
Spring has sprung and everything is moving so fast it's almost too difficult to keep up. With work, family, friends and time for crafting... it all is just going too fast. My 'other' job has kept me so busy and there always seems to be something going on. I took a weekend off from Zinnia and a couple days off from my 'other' job last week. I hadn't taken any time off since October and I was burning out. I had a great weekend with my beloved, Ross. I worked in my garden and painted a room in my house. Yes, that's what I do to relax. It's a no-brainer kind of thing. When I returned to work I found that my office had been broken into, vandalized and burglarized; about $2000 were stolen in gift cards. I had gift cards to Target and Vons that we provide the youth in our program for food and personal/hygiene needs. The safe was tampered with but he wasn't able to get in. My laptop was in the cabinet he broke into but thankfully he left it alone. I had another break-in back in October and my laptop was stolen then. Taking a few days off to return to this mess was exhausting. Fast forward to today, we were able to identify the thief using Target surveillance footage. He was arrested this afternoon. I'm still tired.
So that's what I've been up to. Paul and Joey are in New York celebrating Joey's 50th birthday. Wow, it seems like only a few days ago he was 49... ha ha Suki humor. At the store we are constantly moving stuff around, for a neat freak like me, it can be unnerving. We are trying something new in the paper, ephemera and fiber space. We are trying a color coordination of sorts. All the blue fibers, papers, ribbons, button etc... all together and the colors move along the wall. Stop by and tell us what you think.
For about a minute we were planning to have another art exhibit in June, however we think we might have to pass. A show for Valentine and another for Halloween seem to be enough. Sprinkle a holiday or ten in between and it gets a little nutty. Unfortunately we still have artwork from the Petit Valentin show that has not been picked up... It gets a little hectic to keep track of all of it all.

I hope you can or have been able to take time to do what you love and love what you do, even if that means Spring cleaning, if that's what brings you joy. It does to me, but I nuts.

Okay folks, I'm off to craft on and well craft on for now.

Ciao,
Suki

No comments:

Post a Comment