November 29, 2009

The count down is really on now. So how many of you went out on BLACK FRIDAY? Tamara and I made it a "Pink Friday" with sweet treats and yummy coffee. The store was jumping most of the day, it was nice to see that every one out seemed to be in a good mood and in high spirits.
I am busy trying to get some art made for sale and for gifts. I was out sick from my 'real job' last week because I got super sick. Unfortunately, I had absolutely no energy to craft. And now I feel like I am behind schedule.

I brought a piece I made last year but didn't get it done in time. So it's back again. I made an advent calendar by using a a framed piece of of steel I found at a yard sale that I painted and decorated in festive colors with stickers and Stickles. I numbered tiny tins and added a little trim and a magnet to each one. The tins open up so you can place a special little something for each day. The Doo-Dad Bar at the store is the perfect place to find the treasure for each tin. You can make this too... aside from the frame I got everything at Zinnia. Tins: 99 cents, ribbon (priced by the yard), Stickles: $2.49 each and assorted doo-dads starting at 5 cents.



(I hate that the tins aren't straight and I didn't catch it)




Alley is up and running around again. She terrorizes anyone wearing a long scarf and long dress or skirt. Not sure how to curb this yet but we are trying and mortified when we don't. She got Jana on Saturday... sorry. From the picture below you wouldn't know that Alley is a terror.


Well, we sure hope that you are well on your way with your gift lists or crafting. Please stop by with any crafting needs or ideas. We have a great selection of gifts and handmade art if you prefer to purchase gifts instead of making. Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Alley training = squirting water bottle. You have to get there quickly with a squirt in the face, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ali, you look like such a shy and timid little thing... no more scarfs and dresses for you young lady.

    ReplyDelete