January 11, 2009

Heartbreak Show... Have you submitted your artwork?

It's so nice to have a moment to breathe after the holidays. I hope that you are getting along alright in 2009 and that it doesn't freak you out that it will be 2010 in what seems a blink. Time flies when you aren't paying attention or having fun or something like that.

So it's the 11th. That means you only have 9 days to submit you work for the Funky Junque's "Heartbreak" show on 14th of February. I will save you the time and post the 'submission procedure at he end of this post. The artwork already submitted is pretty cool, don't miss out. I am still tweaking my piece, by tweaking I mean getting it out of my brain and actually doing it. There's that time issue and it going by so fast.

Remember to stop by Zinnia for any supplies, embellishments or ideas. Yesterday I reorganized the embellishment that are hanging in front of the counter. I am a rub-on freak and let me tell you we received over 8 new styles to add to our stock. We also got in some cool "Heartwarming" stickers. they are a little different from what we have but you know what? We sold some yesterday just as I was hanging them.

I do hope you stop by the store soon. You can make a trip out it. Come for lunch at one of the yummy restaurants then stop by for supplies and ideas. Aide from us there are other shops for the creative soul like Sew Joe http://sewjoe.com/Site_/Sew_Joe_Stitch_Lounge.html . This area is so "Quaint" and interesting. I hear that we are going to have a bakery in the neighborhood some time soon. They have already started to work on it. I can't wait. I love a cup of coffee with a treat in the morning while opening the store.

What is the most creative Valentine's you ever had? I joined a postcard group a couple of years ago and exchanged about a dozen Valentine's with people around the world. It was fun doing that but I am not sure if it was the most creative. I think that when I finish my piece of the Heartbreak show it will be pretty creative.

As promised here are the guidelines for submitting your artwork for the Heartbreak show...

For all submissions, please follow the General Artwork Submission Guidelines as follows:
Photos of artwork in jpeg format must arrive by email to
Zinnia4crafts@yahoo.com on or before January 20th, 2009. Our preference is hi-res digital images (300 dpi at 8½" x 10"). Color-copy submissions will also be accepted by Jan 20th, 2009

1. Up to five images of your work that represent what you would display. Images must be labeled with a number and last name. For example: 01smith.jpeg, 02smith.jpeg, etc.

2. All artwork must be identified with the artist’s name, address, e-mail and phone number.
and must have sufficient return postage.

3. Size: All one dimensional pieces must not exceed 24 X 24”, any artwork that is three-dimensional it must not be bigger that 2 cubic feet. All mediums are acceptable.

4. Participants will be chosen based on the appropriateness of their work for this event by a panel of representatives from Zinnia. To be considered for Zinnia’s “Brokenheart” show please email the following to zinnia4crafts@yahoo.com

All submissions must be received by midnight on TUESDAY, JANUARY 20 to be considered. Participants will be notified by January 25th. Upon notification the work must be delivered to Zinnia no later than 3:00pm Sunday, Febuaury 8th. Please direct questions to Tamara@zinnia.biz

No comments:

Post a Comment