January 31, 2009

Warm weather makes me "Crafting Crazy"

This weather is amazing. It's 1:15am and I just looked at the sky and was surprised at how remarkably clear it is. I am definitely a warm weather kind of girl. This warm weather has my creative energy spinning. When I went to work at Zinnia today I took some new artwork and realized I have gone completely 'crafting crazy'. I guess I didn't realize how productive I had been. The other night I sat and watched TV (American Idol) and of course couldn't just sit there (More on that later). I busted out my sewing box and scraps of fabric. Before I knew it I had made 5 tiny little hearts from wool scraps that I embellished with ribbons and buttons. I sold them all today. Wow!!

I think most artist find it difficult to just sit and watch TV. Ross my boyfriend tortured, I mean asked me to watch a baseball game with him a while back and when I brought crafts and a book he didn't get my need to do so. Unfortunately, that day the game we (he) watched went on for 17 innings. WTF. By the 10th inning I realized that I couldn't take it any longer and made a break for my art room. Explaining that I was 'listening ' to the game. Ya right, I was blocking it out. Tamara says that she will sit and watch TV with Jav and has to have her knitting close by.

Hey, it's part of my charm... Some call it Multi-Tasking other call in ADHD. Whatever, I get stuff done, that's what I call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment