January 27, 2009

Hearts for Valentine's Day

I am not really a hearts and flowers for Valentine's Day kind of girl. Thank goodness because neither is my boyfriend. In fact, all that sappy stuff makes me uncomfortable. However this year I seem to be buzzing with ideas and excitement about Valentine's Day. I think that that is the reason I am really digging the opportunity to participate in the "Heart Break Art Show at Zinnia. Although I really could do without heart shaped stuff I am finding myself making hearts out of all types of mediums; clay, metal, copper and paint. I have been able to identify with the heartache side of it all. At 41, I've had my heart broken a few times. Who knew that I would be able to use that pain to come up with the stuff that I have.

I hope that if you wanted to submit any artwork that you did already as the cut-off deadline is long gone. Whether you are an artist, an art collector or both, the Heart Break Show should not be missed. I have seen some of the work submitted and I am awed and impressed by it.

I guess I am pretty excited about this show and hope that you can make it to the opening on Valentine's Day at 7pm.

2 comments:

  1. Do you need any more work? I will be there, I hope, regardless. email me if there is anything I can do to help marsha@tumblefishstudio.com. I live in Eagle Rock, just a hop, skip and a jump!
    marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your offer to help thankfully at this point everything is moving along smoothly. At this point we are preparing our floor plan for the show and getting excited as the artwork starts to arrive.

    Suki

    ReplyDelete