October 18, 2009

Annndddd she's back.....

Hello friends, I am back. I am still on vacation from work but I am back in town. I had a great time. I started by going to the bay area and hanging out with my sister, her husband Gordon and baby Eliana. During my stay up there I went to Berkeley and stopped at Castle In The Air. The store was beautiful and filled with a variety of writing tools and papers. It took me a while to look at everything and take it all in without spazzing out about all the cool merchandise. As you can see from the pictures below the store was quite lovely and unique.





While in San Carlos I went to the Art and Wine Festival. The festival featured artists from all over as art fairs do however it was nice to meet new artists and poke around.
I found a super cool store. Okay as you know I am a paper FREAK, I really am so when I popped into a little store called; Scrapbook Depot, I lost it. The selection of paper was ridiculous. There was so much paper there that it was like going through a catalog in person. They also have rub-ons, stickers, tools and everything an artist would need. I met Carina the owner who was really nice and she shared about the classes she offers. She has something called: Crop & Shop on Friday nights 6pm to 12am for $10, crazy huh? However this time is for hanging out with fellow scrapbookers, bring a friend or like my sister put it... leave the baby at home night. This time is for you get some pages done and have the use of their tools which includes a Cricket. I am not a scrapbooker but I can certainly appreciate all the cool tools, papers, rub-ons and embellishments that have become available since scrapbooking became so popular. The website is: www.myscrapbookdepot.com check it out and keep it in mind should you end up in San Carlos some day.

The rest of my vacation was about sightseeing and relaxing. We drove to Hoover Dam then to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon back home through Sedona and the middle of the middle of Nowhere, Arizona. Seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time is breathtaking. The drive from the entrance to the park is through trees and meadows and is quite a drive after entering the park then suddenly... there it is. Wow!!

I will post pictures on Facebook but here are a few for now.






Back to Zinnia... Have you returned your panels for the 350 Project yet. Come on it's crunch time and they need to get in now to be included in the show. I look forward to seeing all the awesome work that will be exhibited.

Suki

No comments:

Post a Comment