October 09, 2009

I'm Outta here!

I am finally going on vacation. From my 'other job' and from Zinnia where I hang out and play on Fridays and Saturdays. I will be gone from October 9th to the 21st. Sounds like a long time but it's not. No, it's not. Okay maybe a little.
I am flying to San Francisco (and my arms sure are going to be tired... Tee Hee Hee) Is it me or do you say the arms being tired joke in your head? Yes you do. Anyway, I will be up in San Carlos for a few days. Hanging out with my sister and family. My sister has a few cool things planned. I am going up there to visit and play with my baby niece, Eliana. The real treat will be tomorrow. Right from the airport we will be driving to Berkeley.
Ever since I saw this store featured in the premier issue of Where Women Create, I have wanted to go to Castle in the Air in Berkeley www.castleinntheair.biz . Karima, the owner describes it as, "A studio for the Imagination". I drooled over everything. The space looks crazy amazing and I know I will get lost in there for a while. I have a stack of Zinnia brochures and business cards that I plan to exchange for some of hers. At Zinnia we have heard so much about this store that the anticipation is killing me. I wonder if she's heard of us? If she lets me, I'll take pictures and share.
After staying with my sister for the weekend, my boyfriend Ross and I will be driving, what is it something like 13 hours down highway 1, the Pacific Coast Highway, whatever, the drive will take us along the coast. I've done it before and it's so beautiful that once was not enough. OMG, I can't wait. Then we make a pit stop at home in Los Angeles to check on stuff and repack and off to the main part of our vacation. Road Trip to the Grand Canyon. A dream trip of mine for sure. No schedule. No time constraints. No nothing.
All of this to say... Adios amigos. If you happen to see a Colombian girl with her hair blowing in the air and the radio blasting and of course, taking pictures; well that's me so make sure you wave. HaHa.
Catch later!

3 comments:

  1. Safe travels Suki! have FUNNNN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are having a GREAT time... let that hair blow...

    ReplyDelete